Wednesday, June 16, 2010

2 Operation Write Home cards

If you don't know what Operation Write Home is, go Here. This has been my focus for the week! I made these two cards as part of my plan to make 50 this summer to send in for the organization. "Thinking of You" was my first, just a very simple graphic design for those who like that style. The green swiss dot embossed paper is AC cardstock, the blue and tan strips are Bazzill, the corner rounder I use is from EK Success and the arch lattice punch (that I seem to be using on just about everything!) is Martha Stewart.
The "Miss You" card includes SEVEN different patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Delightful stack. I was trying to challenge myself to use more than 1 or 2 pp's on a card, and I actually really like how it turned out! I used a Fiskars punch for the scalloped pieces and completely hand stitched all the way around the entire card...which only took, oh, maybe 3 hours total? It took me an entire week to finish it because I got real tired of the stitching about 2 inches in LOL.
Anyway, loads more to come, TFL!




No comments:

Post a Comment