Monday, June 14, 2010

My first two-page layout

I just did my first ever two-page scrapbook layout last week of our move from the Emerald Coast of Florida to Middle of Nowhere, New Mexico. That was a whole year ago! Gee, I should probably stop shopping for new goodies and get to work already!

Anyway, this first photo is a close-up of the flower embellishment I made by hand. I simply traced and cut out 7 petals from S.E.I.'s Dill Blossom collection, then dampened and crumpled each petal. I then used Tim Holtz Distress ink in walnut stain to ink the edges of each petal and then glued them all together. While the glue was drying I threaded the button and glued that on as well. I pulled up on the petals a bit to give it more dimension. I LOVE how it turned out!! :D

All the papers I used are from the S.E.I. Dill Blossom collection. The chipboard letters are from Paper Studio. I used Tim Holtz' Distress crackle paint in Antique Linen on them and it gave them a super cool crackled effect, which is hard to see in the photo. We move so often I thought I should write the address down, because I'll never remember all the addresses we've had!! The punched border on the photo was done with the MS arch lattice punch, my fave punch of ALL TIME! I thought it kind of looked like a little fence for the photo.

Here's the full two-pages. I carried the piece of striped pp across both layouts for continuity. Ha ha see my toes??

I just love this page because it's pretty special to me. I kept it very simple on purpose. I wasn't able to get many good pictures of our cross-country move, mostly because I was too lazy to dig the GOOD camera out of the moving truck! But I did get 4 decent snapshots to illustrate our journey. The importance of this page to me is the journaling. We had such a tough trip, made a lot of mover-mistakes that we'll never make again, and gained a lot of memories from the move that I want to remember forever. They're still not funny stories to me yet, but they will be in a few years. I typed and printed it out on a sheet of vellum which I layered over green distressed paper - I mention this because it's impossible to see the layers in the photo. I've never found a glue that dries clear enough to use under vellum yet, so I just attached the two papers with some tarnished copper brads. The letters are chipboard and the flower is actually punched from a cereal box - I'm RESOURCEFUL!! LOL I covered them in patterned paper and sanded the edges down smooth. TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment